Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ithaca and London

Been super busy so I haven't had much time to update anything =/ So I drove down to Ithaca a few days ago and it was interesting to say the least. My mom and I went there for a friend's wedding and to say our final goodbyes to some old friends. Getting out of Philly already started off pretty bad, we got stuck in 3 hours of traffic (on a street that normally takes 20 minuted to drive through) in a car without a/c at 100ºF. Fun. When we got to Ithaca it was pretty nice... until the next morning when we were supposed to leave for the wedding. We didn't make it to the ceremony:
 The car got totalled but we got a rental from the insurance and were on our way again.
 We past the Science Center which was one of my favorite places as a kid :)
 We made it in time for the reception. They had a really nice cake! After the reception, we went camping (sort of a wedding after party thing) which was really cool though not the most comfortable.
 The next day we stopped at the Farmers Market which I totally recommend if you're ever in the area... though I hope you aren't. Ithaca, though a lovely place, isn't really somewhere I'd want to spend more then a day in.

 Views from the lake :) The picture above is an awesome tree to climb that actually grows over the lake. It's a sort of playground.
My mom with the bride and groom, they looked stunning!
 Yesterday we (we: mom and I) left Philly for London. Our first flight (to Boston) was delayed an hour but it managed to fly there in less then an hour, putting it back on schedule. We got lost at the Boston Airport but made it to the gate without an issue and got on the plane to London! The guy we sat next to was Scottish and had the coolest accent every, and was very nice. The plane was run by American (through British) so it sucked; No TV or comfy seats or wifi -.- I slept through it anyway. After arriving in London, we took a cab to the hotel. The drivers here are insane! And so is the traffic. It took 2 hours to get to the hotel and cost £120 or $195. The hotel isn't the nicest but it'll do, I can't get the hot water to work and I really need a shower =/ Oh, the best part, the luggage got lost. Apparently it never made it on the plane. The airline said it should be delivered to the hotel by tomorrow though :)
Exhausted after a long day of flying. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some pictures Central London!

No comments:

Post a Comment