Thursday, August 4, 2011

Central London

Today, we made the trip to Central London. Our hotel is in Ilford, which is a 30min tube ride from the city. We wanted to walk around and get to know the city. I wanted to shop and get to know the culture a bit. My mother wanted to go sight seeing -.- So below is a map of what we did :D We got off the underground at Hyde Park and walked trough... it was a long walk. After, we made our way to Harrods, which is a giant, luxurious department store that is unaffordable to the average person. While in the area, I stopped at a few other shops and got some clothes (it was pouring and due to my suitcase not coming, I only had shorts... suitcase also came later that day :D). We then went to Buckingham Palace which wasn't nearly as exciting. My mother then made us walk 'The Mall' and go into the exact centre of the city so she could see it. I'm not much of a fan of all the touristy stuff but it was nice. Next time we're going to see the other side of the river... London bridge, London Eye, Tower of London. I'm not sure London is my favorite place, it's way too rushed and impersonal, but it's very pretty and shopping is great, though pricy. Oh, and the underground is super easy to get around on! 


Hyde Park







 The city


Fruits at Harrods... Some of them I've never seen before. I bought a couple :)



Chocolate
Fruits... obviously

The palace


Vege's at Harrods

Guards

The city





A warning to all tourists

Underground

Ilford



Tomorrow I'm heading to Oxford!

No comments:

Post a Comment