Thursday, September 15, 2011

Austria... Part 1

I finally made it to Gold Coast, Australia! Well, yesterday anyway. Philadelphia was nice, it was great seeing my friends and having my own room again but after having been in Europe, I realized that there really is a huge difference between the USA and there. It's nothing bad... just different and I prefer Europe. The flight to Australia was a bit more exciting the usual since I flew 100% on my own... so without the unattended minor help thingy. It went REALLY smooth. I left from Philly international, landed at O'Hare in Chicago, flew to LAX and then arrived in at the Brisbane airport. Everything was on time and in the same terminal so no extra security checks :D All my stuff came and customs went smooth. My dad picked me up and we went to a friends for breakfast, went home (so I could shower and unpack) and then went kayaking in the Gold Coast Canals. It was beautiful except for my newish fear of sharks... which my dad reinforced >.< I haven't been here long enough to get any pictures but I still have a bunch from Austria. I decided to arrange them in categories so I'll have a new post with each set. This one is mainly places I grew up... so childhood memories.  
The pony Carrousel at the Vienna Prater.  


A park next to our old Apartment in Vienna




Old apartment building in Vienna

My grandfathers grave in Blumenthal

Blumenthal (The village I was born in)





Our old house (still in Blumenthal)




No comments:

Post a Comment